Basic English Course / Kursus Asas Bahasa Inggeris
This course is an intensive course for support staff, P.A, clerk & lower management government employees who require basic oral and written English Language skills. This course employs adult learning techniques with simple, effective and yet practical lessons. Participants will be encouraged to apply and practice the lessons through group activities and personal interaction. At the end of the course, participants will be able to communicate confidently, persuasively and professionally in both oral and written language.
The main objective of this course is to assist participants to acquire and develop their oral and written English by building upon their present skills.
The course will apply adult learning principles to facilitate understanding, effectiveness and retention. 80% of the course will consist of group and personal activities, which allow the participant to learn, develop and practice vital English Language skills.
The course will cover the following main topics:
- Introduction to Public Speaking
- Grammar 1 (Subject Verb Agreement)
- Grammar 2 (Past, Present & Future Tenses)
- Vocabulary 1 (Adjectives)
- Vocabulary 2 (Adverbs)
- Pronunciation 1 (Plosive Sounds)
- Pronunciation 2 (Strong vs Weak Forms)
- Writing 1 (Letter, Email & Circular)
- Writing 2 (Report & Presentation)
- Conversation 1 (Office Situations)
- Conversation 2 (Social Situations)