A Course In Oral And Written Communication Skills
This is a 3 day intensive course for working adults who require improving their oral and written communication skills. This course employs adult learning techniques with simple, effective and yet practical lessons. Participants will be encouraged to apply and practice the lessons through group activities and personal interaction. At the end of the course, participants will be able to communicate confidently, persuasively and professionally in both oral and written language.
The main objective of this course is to assist working adults to improve their oral and written communication skills.
The course will apply adult learning principles to facilitate understanding, effectiveness and retention. 80% of the course will consist of group and personal activities, which allow the participant to learn, develop and practice vital communication skills.
The course will cover the following main topics:
- Grammar - Singular vs. plural, Past vs. present tense
- Spelling - Common spelling mistakes
- Pronunciation - Plosive sounds, Common mispronounced words
- Conversation - Greetings and introduction, The polite request
- Public Speaking - Self introduction, Speech organization
- Presentation - Keeping it short & simple
- Report Writing - Gathering and summarizing facts, using graphs